Walls and floors are flat and even surfaces that provide an excellent canvas for promotional material. Instead of leaving them blank, you can add graphics containing branding, product information, way finding directions, and other such details.
Many retail stores use both of these surfaces effectively to engage their customers. However, which of these custom interior signs is a good option for you? Here are some tips that will help you decide:
Floor Graphic Pros and Cons
Floor graphics are signs that are installed on the floor surface. They don’t obstruct movement but are clearly visible, making them the right choice for retail spaces. Here’s a look at some of the pros and cons:
- These signs are highly visible and immediately capture attention.
- Floor signs can be used for everything, from promotion to providing information. For example, you can add lobby signs that have information about products, services, latest offers, events, and more. They are noticeable and are impactful while being subtle.
- Floor graphics experience a lot of wear and tear. They don’t last as long as wall murals, which makes them a less effective investment.
- Floor murals can disrupt the décor of your establishment, especially if you choose something that clashes with the overall décor.
A well-designed sign will help your customers and promote your product. Discuss the style and location of these signs carefully with an expert before using them.
Wall Mural Pros and Cons
Wall murals are signs installed on walls. They come in a wide range of colors and designs so you can easily find something that suits your brand image well. Here’s a look at the pros and cons of these interior signs:
- Wall murals are highly visible and immediately catch attention. They have vivid colors and textures that make them attractive to the eye.
- Good quality wall murals can last for years without fading or looking dull.
- You can use them in various areas like lobbies, reception areas, hallways, and more.
- Wall murals can make a space look cluttered and small if you don’t choose the right graphics.
- Sometimes the colors and print can clash with the overall décor or architecture of the space, which can influence the customer’s mindset during shopping.
Most businesses use a combination of floor and wall custom interior signs to take full advantage of the space available. You can consult with an experienced professional to determine what is the right option for your company.